Warrior Cats Of The Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Warrior Cats Of The Forest

Run free, Run wild! Role-play as your own Warrior cat!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tar Heels calmly clip Wolfpack in OT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
youshiyinianla

Tar Heels calmly clip Wolfpack in OT Empty
PostSubject: Tar Heels calmly clip Wolfpack in OT   Tar Heels calmly clip Wolfpack in OT EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:06 am

In North Carolina's first game of the ACC men's soccer season against Virginia Tech, the Tar Heels went into overtime panicked and unfocused, coach Carlos Somoano said, and eventually lost.

UNC has played four other overtime games since that September matchcheap jerseys free shipping, including Friday's game against N.C. State. And with each game, the Tar Heels have become more calm and focused.

Senior Billy Schuler scored just two minutes into the first overtime cheap football jerseys period to give No. 3 UNC a 2-1 victory against the Wolfpack at home on Senior Night. The win, along with a loss by conference leader Maryland, puts UNC in control of its own destiny for the regular-season crown heading into its final ACC game next week.

"It wasn't our best game as a team and personally," Schuler said cheap baseball jerseys. "I think it was a little upsetting but I don't think we ever had a doubt that we weren't going to win the game."

Schuler received a cross from senior Kirk Urso in the 93rd NHL Jerseys Cheap minute and found himself one-on-one with goalkeeper Fabian Otte. He sent his shot to the far post and said he immediately knew he had won the game.

North Carolina (13-2-2, 4-1-2 ACC) outshot thesnsbars Wolfpack 17-12 and controlled much of the first half. The game's first goal came in the 32nd minute when Robbie Lovejoy corralled a loose corner kick and sent a shot toward the State goal.

As the ball traveled toward Otte, senior Matt Hedges got his back heel on the ball and redirected the shot to put the Tar Heels up 1-0.

But the Wolfpack (6-9-2, 2-5-0) rebounded in cheap nfl jerseys the second half and forced the Tar Heels into several errors. N.C. State knotted the game at 1-1 in the 75th minute when UNC defender Boyd Okuonu knocked down a cross intended for Nader Jaibat.

Jaibat found the back of the net to eventually send the game to extra time.

Of the four seniors honored at Senior Night, three of them - Schuler, Hedges and Urso - registered at least a point.
http://totalwar.6forum.info/t15-tar-heels-calmly-clip-wolfpack-in-ot
"I think they played with a little weight on their shoulders," Somoano said. "I don't know if it was their best game, but in the end they came through and that's a great sign."
Back to top Go down

Tar Heels calmly clip Wolfpack in OT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Cats Of The Forest :: Announcements :: Member announcements-
Jump to: